Granddaughters Awards
NICOLE
It has been some time since I have posted any comments on my blog spot so I thought this would be as great a time as any. Two of my granddaughters who live in Utah, Nicole Moore and Loree Potter entered their paintings in a contest. These paintings were done in a class taught by their Great Grandmother Potter. This contest is called the Reflections program. Each student may enter what ever piece of fine art they have done, weather it be a painting, short story, poem, or any art piece. Both of these girls are in fourth grade and they won at their schools’ level and so they went on to District. They each won in their Districts’ level, so they went on to Regional level. They both won at their Regional levels. Now this meant that they were at the State level and were competing against each other. Of course a Grandmother is now suppose to root for one over the other, but I was hoping one of them would win at State. But of course neither one of them won State, but it was interesting to me to have my granddaughters go that far with paintings they had done in the same art class with the same teacher, their Great Grandmother. I would have liked to have been there to see them receive their awards. My Granddaughter Loree Potter has entered several of her different paintings in contests
and has won quite a few. Needless to say I am proud of them both. Both John and I have stayed real busy. I have still been doing my digital scrapbooking and loving it. I also am doing genealogy still, a slow process, and making quilts for the humanitarian center, I am up to six so far. We recently went to Utah to see our Grandson John Warren Potter receive the Aaronic Priesthood. What a thrill for both of us. They are growing up too fast. We also were there for John’s mothers wedding. Yes she got married again. We had never meant the man before they were married. John-Curtis, our oldest son came from Sioux Falls, South Dakota on vacation and was there in Utah. Then I came on with him to California. We were able to do a lot of fun things with them while they were here. Sean, their son and our Grandson went fishing with John, his Grandfather, off the pier. BOY WAS IT COLD. The rest of us just showed up at the end of the fishing. We also got to go to Disneyland again, with
them, we had a great time. It was soooo !!! hot the two days we were there. We came back to our place real tired. It of course was not that busy at this time of the year so in the two days we were there we got on just about every ride we had the desire to get on and then we even went on some more then once. I hope that I will be able to add to this blog on a regular basis but we will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment